Monday, January 25, 2016

Under Their Skin


I couldn't wait to start the new Margaret Peterson Haddix series. I've always been a fan of her books, and her work is a big hit with my students. I can't wait to show them her newest story Under Their Skin.

I am struggling with writing a summary because there are so many secrets and twists, and I don't want to give anything away! Nick and Eryn's mom is getting remarried to her boyfriend Michael. Michael has two teenage children but Nick and Eryn are told they will NEVER get to meet them. What is going on with these mystery step-siblings? What is the big secret? Why must they stay hidden? Nick and Eryn set out to find the answers to this puzzle.

What I liked about the story is that several secrets are revealed rather quickly, so it doesn't drag out the sibling mystery too long; however, after that is resolved, an even bigger plot twist is introduced. I'm pretty good at predicting which way YA mysteries will go, but I didn't see this one coming. I'm excited to get this one on the library shelves. Ages 10 and up.


No comments:

Post a Comment